One of our goals at the Plant-Based Network is to help accelerate the growth of the plant-based movement, because we know of the many benefits it provides in terms of better health for people, a greener and more sustainable planet, and the opening of minds and hearts to a more compassionate society. On this page, you will find some basic info and resources on the plant-based lifestyle that you can learn quickly learn and share. It's especially helpful if you are "on the go" and run into someone that has a question or is interested in more information. If you have any recommendations on what we should add or change, please contact us. We also invite you to join our Plant-Based Fans Club to join a community of people that celebrate the plant-based lifestyle and enjoy access to a number of resources from the Plant-Based Network.
Please choose a section to view:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are some frequently asked questions and myths about the plant-based lifestyle. Click on the (+) sign to the right of each question to view an answer, and some have pictures and/or videos you can view and share.
PLANT-BASED TRANSITION GUIDES
Here are some popular plant-based transition guides that we recommend and can easily be shared with others. Just click on the link and share the page via your smartphone as a text message or in an email.
PLANT-BASED RESEARCH WEBSITES
Here are several plant-based websites with great research studies and videos you can browse and share with others.
- PlantBasedDirectory.com - is a searchable directory listing place-based places/businesses, professionals, organizations, products, online services and upcoming events
- PlantBasedLearning.com - is a platform with online courses teaching the plant-based lifestyle, including a number of topics such as nutrition, fitness and sustainability.
- NutritionFacts.org - is a strictly non-commercial, science-based public service provided by Dr. Michael Greger, providing free updates on the latest in nutrition research via bite-sized videos. There are more than a thousand videos on nearly every aspect of healthy eating, with new videos and articles uploaded every day.
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies - Known for their Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate program in partnership with eCornell featuring lectures from over 20 MDs, PhDs, RDs, RNs and more, and they also offer a wide variety of plant-based resources through their website including hundreds of articles, recipes, and videos.
- PlantBasedResearch.org - this is an arm of The Plantrician Project and serves public needs for education and information. Our goal is to provide tools and information to give people better access to research information on plant-based nutrition, to connect the public and the academic communities, and to inspire greater interest in studying plant-based nutrition.
- PlantBasedNews.org - this popular website provides deep insight into what's happening in the plant-based movement with articles, documentaries, and a wealth of resources.
Vegan: Everyday Stories
Amazing Plant-Based Transformations
Let Us Be Heroes
PLANT-BASED DOCUMENTARIES & VIDEOS
Here are some popular plant-based documentaries we recommend watching, which include the science behind plant-based nutrition and stories of people whose lives have been transformed.
Why We Don't Need Dairy
Food as Medicine
The Marshall Plan
H.O.P.E. - What You Eat Matters
H.O.P.E. - What You Eat Matters
What the Health
Eating You Alive